We are a family of employees who are committed to doing business every day in a way that supports our founding values.
How Do We Do That?
We live and breathe our Mission, Values, and Principles – we call them our MVP’s.
Murdoch’s is focused on our founder, John Murdoch’s, three basic principles:
- Carry lots of down-to-earth merchandise
- Be a place where the whole family likes to visit
- Be a place where the customer is always met with thanks
We will be the best. We will earn the admiration, respect, and smiles of our customers, team, and supplier partners as the leader in our industry.
Simply put, our focus is on our GUEST.
- G.E.T. We honor the Golden Rule. We expect Excellence. We Trust one another.
- United. In our commitment to family, positive attitude, embracing change, delivering value, and having fun.
- Ethics. Integrity is the foundation of our company. We are empowered to do the right thing.
- Success. We are committed to the personal and professional growth of all who are part of our family. We think big and recognize opportunity. We communicate effectively. We recognize that profitability is essential to success.
- Tradition. We are committed to maintaining the values and principles that have always guided us.
Our principles make us who we are, that’s why we find value in them.
- Merchandising will be the finest in the industry.
- Uncompromised training of our team to support our mission, values, and principles.
- Rest rooms (and our entire store) will be clean enough for Grandma’s visit.
- Do the right thing, even when no one’s looking.
- Our customers will be asked three times if they can be assisted by an employee capable of helping them.
- Carry outs are an essential part of our customer service.
- Hard-earned money—Folks shouldn’t wait in line to give it to us.
- Service that makes Mrs. Jones (Yes! Call her by name) smile from the moment she walks in our store until she returns to her car.
Being a Part of Our Team Means Having a Mission
Do you G.E.T. it? Do you have what it takes to be part of the Murdoch’s family? Visit our careers page to view current openings.GO TO CAREERS PAGE