Power Equipment Accessories
Sharpen Your Chainsaw
Chainsaw Sharpening Tips
- A properly sharpened chain produces large uniform chips. When your saw starts producing finer sawdust, you know it’s time to sharpen your chain.
- Inspect your chain and look for the cutter in the worst condition. You’ll want to start with this tooth.
- Ultimately, you want every tooth on the chain to be sharpened the same and to be the same length.
- Before beginning the sharpening process, make sure your chain is snug on the bottom of the bar rail and place the bar in a vice.
- Use the proper filing guide throughout the process for the best results.
- In most cases, your chain will require the same amount of filing strokes on each cutter.
- After filing your cutters, be sure your depth gauge is properly set using the proper tools.