“Murdoch’s Demo Days Sweepstakes” Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NO TEXT MESSAGING IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. HAVING THE ABILITY TO SEND AND RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING. WINNING A PRIZE IS CONTINGENT UPON COMPLYING WITH THE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES AND FULFILLING ALL CONTINGENCIES TO WIN, WHICH ARE FULLY DESCRIBED HEREIN.
WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO WINNER NOTIFICATION AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) ACCORDING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. .
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, WHICH ARE LEGALLY BINDING. READ THEM CAREFULLY, BEFORE ENTERING.
- Eligibility:“Murdoch’s Demo Days Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Montana who are at least 18 years of age, or older, at the time of entry. Sponsor’s employees, employees’ immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children), household members of each (whether related, or not), and Sponsor’s subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes, are ineligible to participate. Void where taxed or prohibited.
- Sponsor:Ranch and Home Supply, LLC, dba Murdoch’s Ranch & Home Supply, 2311 North 7th Ave., Bozeman, MT 59715.
- Promotion Description/Promotion Period:The Sweepstakes is an “enter for a chance to win” Sweepstakes conducted via text entry and mail-in entry. The Sweepstakes begins on Saturday, June 29, 2019, at12: 00: 01 AM Mountain Time (“MT”), and endson Saturday, Jun 29, 2019, at 7: 59: 59 PM (MT) (the “Promotion Period”). Entries submitted outside of the Promotion Period will be disqualified. During the Promotion Period, eligible entrants may enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to win one of the eleven available prizes.
- How to Enter: Limit one (1) entry per person, per phone number, per email address, per address/per household, during the Promotion PeriodEntries received, that are over the stated limit restrictions, will be void. All entries will become Sponsor’s property. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes: (A) via text message, or (B) via mail-in entry.
- Text Message Entry: Eligible participants may enter via cellular phone by texting the key word found on-site at the Demo Days event location to the short code 71441. A return text message will be sent to the eligible participant containing a link to the promotional website. The eligible participant must then complete the registration information as directed to enter the Sweepstakes. Participant will be entered into a random drawing to award the available prizes.
- Mail-In Entry Method:To enter without sending a text message, eligible participants can submit one (1) Sweepstakes entry via the mail. To receive one Sweepstakes entry into the prize drawing, print or type your name, complete mailing address, phone number, date of birth, email address (if available) on a 3” x 5” piece of paper, insert the paper into a stamped #10 envelope and mail it to “Murdoch’s Demo Days Sweepstakes Entry” PO Box 11508, Bozeman, MT 59719-1508, postmarked by June 29 2019, and received by July 8, 2019. Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged or postage-due Sweepstakes entries.
- More on Text Message Entry:You must be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging functionality to enter via the Text method of entry. Participation in this Sweepstakes via text entry method may not be available through all wireless carriers. Please note that your cellular service provider may charge you standard text messaging charges for each text message you send and receive on your cellular phone in connection with this Sweepstakes. Please consult your cellular service provider regarding their pricing plans. Check your phone capabilities for specific instructions. This Sweepstakes works with most U.S. cellular carriers and requires a two-way text messaging enabled cellular phone.
- Random Sweepstakes Drawing / Prizes / Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) / Odds: On or about July 8, 2019, a random Sweepstakes drawing will be conducted by an independent sweepstakes administrator from among all valid, eligible entries received over the course of the Promotion Period to award all available prizes. All decisions of Sponsor and/or administrator shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning any of the available prizes depends upon the total number of eligible entries received over the course of the Promotion Period. Available prizes are listed in the chart below:
Prize # Prize Description Value 1 Rock Island Armory VRBP100 Shotgun (1) $599.00 2 Ruger Security 9 Pisto (1) $329.99 3 Springfield Armory XD(M) 10mm Pistol (1) $599.99 4
Vortex Diamondback 10x42 Binoculars (1)
Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 Riflescope (1)
Total Prize Package #4 Value
Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40 CDS Riflescope (1)
Leupold Alpine 10x42 Binoculars (1))
Total Prize Package #5 Value
Total Prize Package #5 Value $549.98
6 Bergara B14 Ridge 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle (1) $749.99 7 Mossberg 500 All-Purpose Field 12 Gauge Shotgun (1) $419.00 8 Heritage Rough Rider Revolver (1) $169.99 9 SIG SAUER KILO1400 Rangefinder (1) $249.99 10 SIG SAUER 1911 Spartan CO2 BB Gun (1) $109.99 11 Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Kit (1) $339.99
Prize winners must meet all Federal, state and local laws and regulations prior to the award of the prize and the winner bears the burden of providing evidence upon request by the Sponsor of proving his/her of compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. Total ARV of all available prizes is $4,547.89. Potential prize winners will be notified by email and/or phone call within five (5) days of the random drawing. NOTE: All prize packages will be awarded at the Bozeman, MT Murdoch’s retail location. Prize must be claimed in person and will not be shipped to the winner.The potential prize winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity and Advertising Consent and Release (“Prize Claim Documents”) (except where prohibited by law) and such other documents reasonably required by Sponsor as part of the prize claim process. For any prize with a retail value of $600 or more, Sponsor will require winners to execute an IRS W9 form and provide his/her social security number for proper tax reporting as a condition of prize award. All such documents must be signed and returned within ten (10) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as provided for in these Official Rules. All potential winners are subject to verification before the prize will be awarded. In the event that a potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received for the applicable prize package during the Promotion Period. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of each prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Return of any prize notification or prize mailing as undeliverable for any reason will result in disqualification.
- Conditions of Participation & Certain Restrictions:The participant is solely responsible for entering the Sweepstakes on June 29, 2019, as well as properly claiming the prize. Income taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No cash equivalents, prize substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner's name and city/state of residence for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. By participating, entrants agree to release Ranch and Home Supply, LLC, dba Murdoch’s Ranch & Home Supply, its affiliates, divisions, retailers or distributors or advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever, which entrant may now or hereafter be entitled to assert, including but not limited to, any death, injury, loss of enjoyment, damage to computer equipment, or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or in connection with the awarding, receipt and use or misuse of the Sweepstakes prize, and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Winners acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor its agents have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Sweepstakes.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and to award the available prizes via a random drawing from among all valid eligible entries received up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
- GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES:VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor, or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Montana without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW: (i) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (ii) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (iii) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (iv) PARTICIPANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Confidentiality:For information about how the Sponsor uses your personal information, please see its privacy statement, located at http://www.murdochs.com/privacy.
- Winner’s List:To receive name and city / state of residence of the prize winner, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Murdoch’s Demo Days Sweepstakes Winner’s List,” PO Box 11507, Bozeman, MT 59719-1507. All requests must be received by July 31, 2019.