- RV, camping, tailgating, boating
- Honda’s Super Quiet EU generators are quiet and easily portable
- Check out the EG series and get more power for your dollar
- Construction, industrial
- Honda’s durable EB generators have GFCI protection
- Home and small office portable back-up power
- Honda's EU, EG and EM series are designed to work well with a transfer switch
- Quickly and easily power essential appliances
Identify Power Needs
As you may already know, bigger generators will supply more power. Bigger generators are also more expensive, so it’s important to understand how much power you really need to right-size your investment. Honda made a helpful guide on its website where you can tally approximate wattage requirements by item. Get out your calculator, and start number crunching.Honda's GUIDE
Manage Power Use
The things you are running with your generator may have two different wattage requirements. These are referred to as “starting wattage” and “running wattage.” For example, if you’re buying a generator for emergency home back-up power, you might want to power a fridge. A refrigerator might draw 1600 watts momentarily when you first turn it on, but only takes 200 watts to run continuously.
By staging when you turn on your appliances such that they aren’t all drawing at their starting wattage at the same time, you can greatly reduce the size of generator you need. Here’s more info from Honda that can really help you manage your power, and in turn, your investment.Honda's GUIDE
Understanding Noise Levels
- Most generators are labeled with a decibel rating.
- For every increase in 10 decibels, the noise level is 10 times more powerful.
- For example, a generator that runs at 70 decibels (a vacuum cleaner) is ten times as loud as a generator that runs at 60 decibels (normal speech).
- Camping, outdoor events like tailgating, RV'ing, and working in neighborhoods with noise ordinances are all scenarios when a quiet generator is preferable.
- Many RV sites even restrict generators to lower decibel ratings. Check your favorite spots before you decide to buy.
- The EU series is the quietest series from Honda and should be quiet enough for even the strictest sites. Or, ask a Murdoch's team member for advice.
5 Common Mistakes
- Improper use of fuel
- ECO throttle overload
- Oil maintenance
- Closed fuel vent
- Drawing too many watts trips the safety circuit
If you’re shopping for generators, it’s because you have a very real need for a dependable power source. Honda manufactures top quality 4-stroke engines that lead the way in the industry. Their durability is legendary and sought after by the pros for various applications. Honda continues to lead the way in developing low-emission, fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly engines. Choosing a Honda generator means choosing THE top-quality generator on the market.
For these reasons, Murdoch’s trusts Honda – and so can you – when you need power the most at your home, on a job site, or out enjoying the great outdoors.SHOP ALL SHOP ACCESSORIES