Definitive Guide to Muck Boot Sizes
When there are chores to do, it just doesn’t matter who does them, so long as the job gets done. Men and women (and kids, too)… you’re all on call.
Perhaps that’s why The Original Muck Boot Company uses unisex sizing for its legendary Muck Boots.Since they first hit the market in 1999, Muck has grown to offer over 60 styles of waterproof boots – not even Murdoch’s carries all of their choices. During the company’s growth, it added a women-specific line of footwear, which (you guessed it) does not follow unisex sizing. And no matter what brand you talk about, kids’ sizing is never easy… ever.
To make matters worse, most of Muck’s information is only available on the shoebox, which is kind of hard to read online. So, here’s your definitive guide to Muck Boot sizes, in case you’re just as confused as we were.
How to Measure
- Place a sheet of paper on the ground and stand on it with your weight slightly forward to make sure your foot is flat.
- Draw a line behind your heel and another line in front of your longest toe. It is common to have one foot longer than the other, so use the longer foot to measure.
- Measure the distance between lines in inches or centimeters. Find your measurement on the Muck Boot size guide to figure out the best. Round up if your size falls in between.
Adult Sizing Rules
- If the name of the boot includes the word Women’s, then you order boots using women’s shoe sizes. Boots specifically designed for women are already in women’s sizes. As a side note, they’re also built to be less bulky, and some women appreciate the fact that they weigh less than other Muck Boot styles.
- All other adult boots made by Muck are unisex.
- Unisex sizing means that the size you pick when ordering online or shopping in a store is men’s. If a man usually wears a 10, he would order a size 10. If the boot is for a woman who wears a women’s size 8, then you need to order a size 7. It’s always one size smaller for women.
- Muck Boots are available in whole sizes only, but will stretch to fit half sizes. A size 9 is a: 9-9.5
- Muck boots are made to standard widths, but the materials will stretch comfortably to fit widths up to an EEE. Folks with narrow feet need to shop for thick socks.
Men's Size Chart
Women's Size Chart
- Every manufacturer does kids’ sizing differently. Use size charts to determine what size Muck Boots will fit your kid during the appropriate season. Murdoch’s carries youth sizes 1 – 7 in Muck Boots, which loosely translates to fitting kids who are between ages 6 to 12.
Kids' Size Chart
Inexpensive, Easy Way to Repair Muck Boots
Like anything else that endures harsh treatment for extended periods, a little maintenance goes a long way...
How to Keep Shoes Clean & Looking Good
Keeping footwear clean, looking good, and lasting longer, regardless of the material, can be done with a few household supplies and some easy steps...
Smartwool Streamlines its Sock-Naming System
Smartwool has made it easier than ever for you to find what you’re looking for with a new system to navigate its sock collections...