Show Me The Honey Pulled Pork
Recipe courtesy of Traeger
Four ingredients are all you need for killer pulled pork, thanks to these Traeger shortcuts: Show Me The Honey is a dark, thick BBQ sauce full of sweetness, while Traeger Perfect Pork Rub gives you all the flavor of brown sugar, paprika, garlic, and more without the hassle of measuring out a bunch of ingredients. Cook the pork butt low and slow to let the flavor build, then pull into perfect shreds and season to your heart's content.
- 6 to 8-lb bone-in or boneless pork butt
- 1/2 cup Traeger Perfect Pork Rub, plus more to taste
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2 cup Traeger Show Me the Honey BBQ Sauce
- Trim any excess fat from the pork butt. Season all over with the Traeger Perfect Pork Rub and let sit for 20 minutes.
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger temperature to 250°F and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Insert the probe into the thickest part of the pork butt, avoiding the bone and any large pockets of fat. Place the pork butt, fat-side up, directly on the grill grates. Close the lid and cook until the internal temperature reaches 160°F, 3-5 hours. Remove the pork butt from the grill.
- On a large baking sheet, stack 4 large pieces of aluminum foil on top of each other, ensuring they are wide enough to wrap the pork butt entirely (if not, overlap the foil pieces to create a wider base). Place the pork butt in the center of the foil, then bring up the sides of the foil a little bit before pouring the apple juice on top of the pork butt. Wrap the foil tightly around the pork, ensuring the juice does not leak out.
- Place the foil-wrapped pork butt back on the grill grates, fat-side up, and reinsert the probe. Close the lid and cook until the internal temperature reaches 204°F, 3-4 hours more, depending on the size of the pork butt.
- Remove the pork from the grill and let rest for 45 minutes in the foil packet. Unwrap the pork and pour any liquid remaining in the foil into a fat separator.
- Place the pork in a large dish and shred the meat, removing and discarding the bone and any excess fat. Pour the separated liquid (discard the fat or save for another use) over the pork and season with more Traeger Perfect Pork Rub. Add the Traeger Show Me The Honey Sauce and mix to combine.
- Serve the pulled pork as desired, such as in sandwiches or tacos or with your favorite side dishes. Any leftover pork will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy!